Fellowship Square’s philosophy of resident enrichment is to provide a wide variety of services, activities and events that benefit residents in every aspect of living — physically, intellectually, socially, emotionally, creatively, spiritually and vocationally.
We are always looking for individuals or groups to volunteer and to help us provide much needed support as well as new and exciting activity choices to Fellowship House residents.
During the COVID-19 pandemic and this period of social distancing, Fellowship Square residents are in even greater need of essential supplies.
Each month the Fellowship Houses receive food donations for residents from local retailers, government agencies and other nonprofits. Scroll down for upcoming dates by location. Volunteers are needed to help move bulk donations and deliver food to residents’ apartments.
- Volunteers will need to wear masks and gloves. Please bring your own if you have them, as our supplies are limited.
- Social distancing of 6 feet will be observed.
- Volunteers must be fever-free and have no symptoms of a respiratory infection (e.g., cough, sore throat, or shortness of breath).
- A person also may not volunteer at a Fellowship Square site if s/he has had contact with an individual testing positive with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age.
- Note that this role requires physical activity: walking, bending, stooping, reaching and lifting objects up to 50 lbs.
Hunters Woods Fellowship House (Reston, VA):
Weekly on Thursdays and Fridays, 9:00 – 11:00 AM. Thursday, July 15, 2:00 – 4:00 PM. SIGN UP HERE
Lake Anne Fellowship House (Reston, VA):
Wednesday, June 23, 2:00 – 4:00 PM and Saturday, June 26, 9:00 – 11:00 AM. SIGN UP HERE
Lake Ridge Fellowship House (Woodbridge, VA):
Thursday, June 24, 12:30 – 2:30 PM. SIGN UP HERE
Largo Landing Fellowship House (Upper Marlboro, MD): Friday, June 25, 10:00 AM – 12 Noon. SIGN UP HERE
If you are interested in volunteering, we ask that you:
- Read and understand the Fellowship Square Volunteer Guidelines. (pdf)
- Read and sign the Volunteer Acceptance, Release and Waiver of Liability Form. (fillable pdf)
- Submit an online Volunteer Application Form. (pdf)
Please note that prior to submitting the Volunteer Application Form, applicants must attest: 1) that all facts are true and complete, 2) that they have read and understand the documents listed above and agree to abide by them, and 3) that they understand that false statements or omissions, or failure to adhere to these conditions shall be grounds for dismissal from the Fellowship Square Volunteer Program.
Volunteers play a central role in Fellowship Square’s mission and help us keep residents healthy and engaged. We hope you will get involved and be a part of what makes life wonderful at Fellowship House.
For more information on volunteer opportunities, contact Diane Beatley: firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-483-8575