Fellowship Square’s philosophy of resident enrichment is to provide a wide variety of services, activities and events that benefit residents in every aspect of living — physically, intellectually, socially, emotionally, creatively, spiritually and vocationally.
Learn about some of those who volunteer with us and what inspires them to serve.
We are always looking for individuals or groups to volunteer and to help us provide much needed support as well as new and exciting activity choices to Fellowship House residents.
Next Steps to Volunteering
- Indicate your interest by signing up for a volunteer role below.
- Complete the required volunteer forms and submit them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have questions at any time, please email Katherine Alexander or call her at 703-483-8257.
Volunteer Role: Deliver Food to Seniors in Need
Each month the Fellowship Houses receive food donations for residents from local retailers, government agencies, and other nonprofits. Scroll down for upcoming dates by location. Volunteers are needed to help move bulk donations and deliver food to residents’ apartments.
- Volunteers are asked to wear gloves while handling food and face masks are encouraged, but not required. Please bring your own face mask and gloves if you have them as our supplies are limited.
- Volunteers must be fever-free and have no symptoms of a respiratory infection (e.g., cough, sore throat, or shortness of breath).
- A person also may not volunteer at a Fellowship Square site if s/he has had contact with an individual testing positive with COVID-19 in the last five days.
- Volunteers must be at least 14 years of age.
- Note that this role requires physical activity: walking, bending, stooping, reaching and lifting objects up to 25 lbs.
Hunters Woods Fellowship House
2231 Colts Neck Rd, Reston, VA 20191
Monday afternoons, 3:30 – 5:00 PM; Wednesday afternoons, 2:00 – 5:00 PM; Thursday and Friday mornings, 9:30 – 11:30 AM;
Lake Ridge Fellowship House
12800 Harbor Drive
Woodbridge, VA 22192
Third Thursday of the month, 12:00 – 3:00 PM. SIGN UP HERE
Largo Landing Fellowship House
1077 Largo Road
Upper Marlboro, MD 20774
Third Saturday of the month, 12:00 – 2:00 PM. SIGN UP HERE
If you are interested in volunteering with Fellowship Square, we ask that you:
- Read and understand the Fellowship Square Volunteer Guidelines. (pdf)
- Read and sign the Volunteer Acceptance, Release and Waiver of Liability Form. (fillable pdf)
- Submit an online Volunteer Application Form. (pdf)
Please note that prior to submitting the Volunteer Application Form, applicants must attest: 1) that all facts are true and complete, 2) that they have read and understood the documents listed above and agree to abide by them, and 3) that they understand that false statements or omissions, or failure to adhere to these conditions shall be grounds for dismissal from the Fellowship Square Volunteer Program.
Volunteers play a central role in Fellowship Square’s mission and help us keep residents healthy and engaged. We hope you will get involved and be a part of what makes life wonderful at Fellowship House.
For more information on volunteer opportunities, contact Katherine Alexander: email@example.com or 703-483-8257.