Fellowship Square’s philosophy of resident enrichment is to provide a wide variety of services, activities and events that benefit residents in every aspect of living — physically, intellectually, socially, emotionally, creatively, spiritually and vocationally.
We are always looking for individuals or groups to volunteer and to help us provide much needed support as well as new and exciting activity choices to Fellowship House residents.
Next Steps to Volunteering
- Indicate your interest by signing up for a volunteer role below.
- Complete the required volunteer forms.
- If you have questions at any time, please email Diane Beatley or call her at 703-483-8575.
Volunteer Role: Assist with a Cookout
Grateful Goodbyes to Lake Anne Fellowship House
On Friday, June 3, 2022, staff at Lake Anne Fellowship House will be hosting a cookout and farewell party for the senior residents and their families. Volunteers are requested to:
- assist with set-up, beginning at 10:00 AM
- run game stations, between 12:30 – 2:30 PM or 2:30 to 4:30 PM
- assist with clean-up, from 4:00 PM until finished.
Help us make this a special event for our seniors!
Volunteer Role: Assist with a Father’s Day Celebration
Western Casino Father’s Day Celebration
On Wednesday, June 22nd, staff at Hunters Woods Fellowship House will be hosting a Father’s Day celebration for the senior residents and their families. The theme is an old-fashioned Western Casino, so this is a chance to wear your cowboy hats, boots, bandanas, etc. Volunteers are requested to help with set-up, serving food and drinks, and general clean-up between 10:00 am and 2:00 pm. Please note that if you cannot stay for 4 hours, you may sign-up for a 1 and a half to 2-hour time slot.
Volunteer Role: Help Improve Language Skills
Many of our senior residents immigrated to the US from other countries and would like to improve their English language skills. We have an experienced ESL instructor leading classes at Hunters Woods Fellowship House and over Zoom. We are seeking volunteers for two roles:
Assistant ESL Teachers to help the lead instructor either in-person at Hunters Woods Fellowship House, in Reston, VA, or over Zoom on Tuesdays between 11:00 am and 12:30 pm. Some teaching experience (in any subject) is preferred, but not required.
Conversation Buddies to speak one-on-one with ESL students over Zoom. Sign up for one hour per week to speak with 2-3 residents for 15-20 minutes at a time. No previous experience is needed.
Volunteer Role: Lend a Helping Hand
Do you love organizing and helping seniors? Are you patient and comfortable working in a small space? Are you available for a 2- to 3-hour shift between 9:00 am and 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday? If yes, please consider joining our Helping Hands volunteer crew!
Fellowship Square is seeking “Helping Hands” to assist Hunters Woods Fellowship House and Lake Anne Fellowship House residents with organizing, packing and moving personal items within their apartments. For more information and to sign up, please email Diane Beatley. Thank you!
Volunteer Role: Deliver Food to Seniors in Need
Each month the Fellowship Houses receive food donations for residents from local retailers, government agencies and other nonprofits. Scroll down for upcoming dates by location. Volunteers are needed to help move bulk donations and deliver food to residents’ apartments.
- Volunteers will need to wear masks and gloves. Please bring your own if you have them, as our supplies are limited.
- Social distancing of 6 feet will be observed.
- Volunteers must be fever-free and have no symptoms of a respiratory infection (e.g., cough, sore throat, or shortness of breath).
- A person also may not volunteer at a Fellowship Square site if s/he has had contact with an individual testing positive with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Volunteers must be at least 14 years of age.
- Note that this role requires physical activity: walking, bending, stooping, reaching and lifting objects up to 25 lbs.
Lake Anne Fellowship House
11450 North Shore Drive
Reston, VA 20190
Wednesday, June 8, 1:00 – 3:00 PM; Saturday, June 25, 10:30 AM – 12:30 PM. SIGN UP HERE
Hunters Woods Fellowship House
2231 Colts Neck Rd, Reston, VA 20191
Monday, Thursday and Friday mornings, 9:00 – 11:00 AM; Wednesday, June 15, 1:00 – 3:00 PM; SIGN UP HERE
Lake Ridge Fellowship House
12800 Harbor Drive
Woodbridge, VA 22192
Thursday, June 23, 12:30- 2:30 PM. SIGN UP HERE
If you are interested in volunteering with Fellowship Square, we ask that you:
- Read and understand the Fellowship Square Volunteer Guidelines. (pdf)
- Read and sign the Volunteer Acceptance, Release and Waiver of Liability Form. (fillable pdf)
- Submit an online Volunteer Application Form. (pdf)
Please note that prior to submitting the Volunteer Application Form, applicants must attest: 1) that all facts are true and complete, 2) that they have read and understand the documents listed above and agree to abide by them, and 3) that they understand that false statements or omissions, or failure to adhere to these conditions shall be grounds for dismissal from the Fellowship Square Volunteer Program.
Volunteers play a central role in Fellowship Square’s mission and help us keep residents healthy and engaged. We hope you will get involved and be a part of what makes life wonderful at Fellowship House.
For more information on volunteer opportunities, contact Diane Beatley: firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-483-8575.