Fellowship Square offers a vast array of programs and activities to keep residents active, engaged and a part of the community around them!
Thriving During a Pandemic
The health and safety of our residents and staff are always a primary concern for Fellowship Square. Since March of 2020, our communities have been closed to all non-essential visitors and all in-person group programs, activities and gatherings have ceased. Masks and social distancing are required when residents are out of their apartments within the buildings. Common areas such as lounges, libraries and fitness centers are closed until it is safe to resume normal activity,
Hope for the future came from a shot in the arm – 75% of Fellowship House residents were vaccinated in early 2021. We have managed to push out important information about COVID in more than five languages; offer activities like virtual chair yoga and at-home art and writing projects; and conduct welfare checks through our “Check In & Chat” program.
Working together with our property management company, S.L. Nusbaum, we have taken the following actions. Additional COVID-19 informational resources are available.
- Signage at all entrances limiting non-essential visitors from entering the building;
- Cleaning protocols including frequent sanitizing of common areas;
- Hand sanitizer and Lysol hand wipes available in higher-traffic areas;
- Encouraging and re-enforcing approved safe-health practices among our residents such as coughing/sneezing into elbows (NOT hands), refraining from handshaking, staying in if they feel sick, etc.;
- Posting CDC ‘Fact Sheets for the Public’ on all floors and in bathrooms – in all languages spoken in our communities;
- Providing health resources and notices regarding what to do should a resident fall ill;
- Distributing flyers, newsletters and electronic correspondence about the virus, and ways to stay safe on a continual basis;
- We have cancelled all non-essential activities and programs until further notice.
We remain on high alert and continue to monitor news and other viable sources of information.
Pre-COVID-19: 75+ Monthly Opportunities
While HUD provides funds for us to operate and maintain each Fellowship House property, we rely on individual, corporate and congregational donations to cover costs to support Fellowship House programs and services for residents. Pre-pandemic, Fellowship Square offered more than 75 activities and programs each month for residents—that’s more than 3,600 activities year-round at all four communities combined to keep residents healthy, informed and engaged!
Fellowship House residents are active and engaged at home and in the community.
We have on-site supportive services to help residents live independently.