Supported by Your Contributions
The Wegener Chaplaincy is available to all Fellowship Square residents offering free spiritual help and support especially in difficult times such as an illness, death, or experiencing difficulty or distress. In addition, the Chaplaincy:
- Conducts worship services and leads memorial services for residents as requested
- Coordinates services of interfaith groups to meet the spiritual needs of all residents
- Welcomes new residents and seeks to understand their needs
- Helps families understand the aging process
- Visits and socializes with residents in all settings
- Provides leadership for Bible studies, discussion groups and support groups
- Nurtures relationships between faith communities and residents
The Rev. Fred Klein, the current chaplain, has been providing ministry to Fellowship Houses since 2012. He is pastor emeritus at Living Savior Lutheran Church in Fairfax Station, VA, where he was the founding pastor and served the congregation for 21 years. He also served at Christ Lutheran Church in Seaford, DE and Ascension Lutheran Church in Charlotte, NC.
Named for the Rev. William Wegner and established by a gift from the members of the Georgetown Lutheran Church, the Chaplaincy is sustained only by donations from individuals and the area’s faith communities.
The Chaplaincy Program Needs Your Support